Tuesday, September 25, 2012

National MIA/POW Day...

September 21 - Vancouver, Washington at the Veterans of Affairs Vancouver Campus. I had the honor of attending this very special event that honors prisoners of war (POW) and missing in action (MIA) along with my older brother who is an Iraqi veteran. I had the opportunity to speak to these brave men and women who have sacrificed so much, all I could say was thank you! My brother always tells me to thank the soldiers/veterans that came before him. The reason he tells me this is because he truly believes these men and women have paved the much needed path for his generation of veterans and/or soldiers to get the services they all deserve! I also had the privilege of listening to Former Mayor Royce Pollard (Mayor of Vancouver 1996-2009; Lt. Col., U.S. Army Retired; Former Commander of Vancouver Barracks; Purple Heart Recipient, Vietnam Veteran) and Dale Bowlin (70th Infantry Division, Europe, WWII; Wounded in France February 1945; POW, Germany February-April 1945) speak of their experiences serving our great country. It was an privilege to spend this very special day with not only my brother, but so many honorable veterans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment